To be recognised as a hotbed of talent within English amateur golf.
Aims and Objectives
To establish Gloucestershire as the dominant County in the South West of England in respect of the scoring ability, appearance, etiquette and camaraderie of its players.
- To produce a constant stream of young players who break into the Top 100 of The England Golf Orders of Merit at both Men's and Boys levels - and as such become successful members of Gloucestershire teams at Boys and/or Men's level
- To develop players that can be taken on by England Golf into their own coaching and development programmes
- To assist in every way possible those players who have the dedication, desire and current ability or potential to represent Gloucestershire at the very highest level i.e. gain International honours
- To particularly help players who have the drive to help themselves
- To help players to develop all of the skills required to become a top class player. That is, to look ‘beyond the range’ and aim to develop ‘Complete Golfers’.
We aim to provide assistance to players that they can't typically get at their own golf club. For example, through our Squad Performance Coaches, we will provide players with an overall assessment of their game that is based on hard facts, whilst encouraging players to work as much as possible with their own technical coaches.