the gloucestershire Golf UNION (GGU) county card
As a benefit of being a member of an affiliated golf club in the county, we have offer a County Card to enable members to play at other golf clubs in the region, and nationally.
The County Card gives members of a
golf club affiliated to either the GGU or the Gloucestershire Ladies County Golf Association (GLCGA) the opportunity to visit and play at over 1,000 courses across England and Wales at a reduced green fee rate.
How do you qualify for a County Card?
The County Card is issued to playing members (including Junior boys and girls) of a golf club affiliated to the GGU or the GLCGA.
How to apply for a County Card
Please contact the club you are a member of to apply for your County Card.
How much is a County Card?
The County Card is a free benefit for being an affiliated club member.
Etiquette and rules for using a County Card
- Prior to visiting a participating golf club the cardholder must first contact the golf club’s secretary or professional to establish when it is convenient to play on a particular day and to establish the agreed concessionary green fee rate. Cardholders are requested to note that they may be refused a concessionary green fee rate and/or tee time if they simply turn up without prior notification.
- The availability of tee times may vary and proof of current golf club membership will be required.
- The GGU County Card may not be used if the cardholder is visiting the club as a member of a golf society or team.
- Members are politely requested to observe the rules of the golf club being visited paying particular attention to the dress code both on and off the golf course.
- County Cards are only valid if a Central Database of Handicaps (CDH) number is included.
NB: A CDH No. can only be issued to a golf club member with a CONGU® Handicap.
List of PARTICIPATING GOLF clubs - BY COUNTY