Conditions of Play and Qualifications
1. Conditions of Play
• The Championship shall be stroke play played over 36 holes.
• The winner shall be the competitor who returns the lowest gross score over 36 holes.
• The attention of all competitors is drawn the General Conditions relating to all Union Championships and Tournaments. Players may use caddies, who must be under the age of 18 at 00:00hrs on 1st January of the year in which the Championship is played. Penalty for Breach of condition: The player gets the general penalty for each hole during which he or she is helped by such a caddie. If the breach happens or continues between two holes, the player gets the general penalty for the next hole.
2. Prizes and Vouchers
The winner shall hold the Tait Cup until the next Championship. In the event of a tie for the Championship the winner shall be decided by a ‘sudden death’ play-off. Ties for other prizes will be decided on the last 18, 9, 6, 3, or 1 holes.
• The competitor returning the lowest net score will hold the Scott-Cooper Cup.
• The competitor aged under 17 on the 1st January previous and who returns the lowest gross score will be awarded the Leslie Cox Cup.
• No competitor may win more than one prize voucher.
• First and Second prizes will be awarded for both gross and net scores.
To be eligible to enter a player must:
• Be in possession of a 'handicap index' not exceeding 24.5.
• Have been born in the county or have been a member of a GGU affiliated club for at least twelve months immediately prior to the date of the meeting.
• Not have competed for the Championships of any other County Union since January 1st of the previous calendar year.
• Be under the age of 18 years on January 1st in the year the Championship is to be played.
Entries to the Championship should be sent to the County Secretary to reach him before 16th June 2022 together with an entry fee of £20.00. Order of Play and Starting Times will be sent to competitors and to the Secretaries of Competitors’ Clubs via email if provided. Once the draw is published no refunds of entry fees will be returned. It should be clearly understood that the winner of the Championship will be expected to represent the County at the English Junior Champion of Champions Tournament held in September 2022.
5. The R&A Rules of Golf will apply
6. Personal data protection
The contact for this competition is Dean Newbold (07936416775)